no connection

R

Rob van Dijk

I downloaded and installed dadabik, but when I run install.php I get this errormessage:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_get_server_info() in ./include/common.php on line 36
I use a database without a password, so I deleted all references to $pass, but that didn't work. What have I done wrong?

P

PLMresearch

are you running as the root user? (very dangerous), if so I think your user name should be 'root' and password blank.

R

Rob van Dijk

I run php/mysql on my local pc, as a test. I can connect to all other php-scripts, using the same database. I am user root at localhost no password. Still the same error

P

PLMresearch

Ya, I do the same on my laptop (Windoz 2000). Here's my config.php. Hope it helps:

PS I call my database Dadabik, but obviously it could be any name.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////// please specify at least the following parameters
// select MySQL server host
$host = "localhost"; // e.g. "localhost" if DaDaBIK and MySQL run on the same computer

// select database user
$user = "root"; // this user must have the right permission in order to create tables e.g. "root"

// select database password
$pass = "";

// select database name
$db_name = "dadabik";

//////////////////////////////////////////////////// please specify at least the above parameters

R

Rob van Dijk

Thanks for your quick response, but it didn't help me: I use the same config-file as you, also on W2K. Always the same errormessage. Anybody a suggestion? It is really frustrating not having any clue what te do.

E

Eugenio

Rob van Dijk wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response, but it didn't help me: I use
> the same config-file as you, also on W2K. Always the same
> errormessage. Anybody a suggestion? It is really frustrating
> not having any clue what te do.

It depend on the version of MySQL installed.
You can find the solution here:
http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=869&t=809#reply_869

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)