Upload images into wrong folder

D

Dale

Hi,

I have just started using dadabik/mysql/php on mac osx 10.2.6! What a fantastic program!

I have no previous experience but with apache / phpmyadmin/ mysql / databases etc tutorials on the web have spent the last few days working stuff out and have a database front end to mysql! Yippeee! I couldnt have done it without dadabik!

Question: My upload files are going into the root /my_dadabik/ directory and not into the /uploads directory - it is causing too many files and is very messy. I did have the permission problem but have sorted that out. I have found the upload details in the config.php file and have tried both relative and fixed (not sure if i got the fixed path right? i have limited unix knowledge) but it still doesn't seem to go into the upload folder. No errors or anything - just the wrong place! Can anyone help me?

I am hanging out for info and new release on linking one table to another and retrieving related info onto the same page - please, please please!

Anyone suggest a good read for a beginner on php / mysql and developing web database front ends (I want to expand on the capabilities of databik and change the look) I especially want to develop a php web front end for selling product online. This stuff is great! The possibilities!!!

Thank you in advance!

G

Garro

Hi,
I had the same problem and after playing around for many, many hours discovered I had not put the 'slash' (/) at the end of the "absolute" and "relative" URL string in the config file...

Check it out on your side, maybe the same thing..

Hope it helps...