Installing under Peer Web Services

G

Griff Palmer

Hi. I've installed DaDaBIK on my RedHat 9 server under Apache & love it. I'm trying to install it under Peer Web Services on an NT 4.0 workstation, and I'm struggling with it.

I've got MySQL & php installed on the NT machine. They're both working fine. (phpMyAdmin is installed & operating properly, so I'm pretty sure the machine is correctly configured.)

I've migrated the database I want to use in DaDaBIK from the RedHat server to my NT machine, and it works fine. I didn't try to migrate the DaDaBIK internal tables; just the main table. I've created a DaDaBIK user on the NT machine identical to the one on the RedHat machine and given that user the same privileges. There are some privileges columns that are different under mySQL for Win32; I'm making my most educated guess on those settings. Starting mySQL from the command line as the DaDaBIK user, I am able to query and update the main table, so I think I'm OK as far as user priviliges.

I've placed the DaDaBIK program_files folder off the NT Web server's home directory. A small PHP test script executes properly in that folder. I've edited include/config.php on the NT machine to reflect the proper host, user, password and database.

When I try to load install.php, though, I get: "The document contained no data."

Can anyone see anything I'm missing? Thanks.

G

Griff Palmer

It helps if you set magic_quotes_gpc=On in the actual *configuration* line of php.ini; not in the file's example section (which probably would also have worked fine, had I uncommented the example line). With php.ini properly set, DaDaBik is now up & running on my NT workstation.