"php_value magic_quotes_gpc on"

R

RZ

I have read other posts on this message and I can duplicate all problems... I cannot correct them.

How do you create .htaccess file? I have attempted to create using unix "File Create" and then I place "php_value magic_quotes_gpc on" into file and save. Doesn't seem to have any effect. I have created this file in multiple directories trying to "break the code".

Any help will be appreciated.

RZ

P

Paul Sharpe

(1) Open up a non-destructive text editor. Notepad SHOULD be OK but I prefer to use a little program called "Crimson Editor".

(2) Place the following in the FIRST line of a new file:

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc On

(3) Make sure there are NO SPACES or CARRIAGE RETURNS after entering the above mentioned text.

(4) Save the file as .htaccess (NOT htaccess.txt, etc, etc. Simply .htaccess) If your text editor saves it with some extention, simple re-name it .htaccess

(5) FTP (upload) the file to the root directory you have created for your DaDaBik install.

P

Paul Sharpe

You MAY have to save the filename as htaccess.txt; upload it to the root directory where the DaDaBik files are located; CHMOD the file to 755 or 777 and then re-name the file .htaccess (While it resides on the server)

B

bob f.

This is in my php.info of my host.....how to change this?

magic_quotes_gpc Off Off
magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
magic_quotes_sybase Off Off
max_execution_time 30 30