Upload Image Bug/Problem

S

sermad

Hi there.

Firstly I would like to thank Eugenio for writing such a brilliant app.

Now Ive got a problem with uploading files - I have TWO upload image form fields. Both of these work PERFECTLY.

However - if the user decides to upload the same file for BOTH fields then dadabik only uploads the FIRST file and not the second. DaDaBik does insert both the correct image names into the database - it even tacks on the _2 to the name but the actual file is not on the server where the first file is.

Has anyone written a workaround for this? I presume its in the business logic - Im quite comfortable hacking this file as Ive made many updates to DaDaBik to suit my needs.

Thanks for your time.

P

PLMresearch

Hmmm... interesting. I've hacked my script to use different upload directories contingent upon the field type (I also added some field types). Fairly straight forward, simply search the business_logic script for the upload directory variable ($uploads).

But...your problem should have been addressed with Eugenio's versioning system (the "it even tacks on the _2 to the name" stuff).

Presumably, the first image that you uploaded is still there _and_ visible?

E

Eugenio

sermad wrote:

> However - if the user decides to upload the same file for
> BOTH fields then dadabik only uploads the FIRST file and not
> the second.

This is definetely a bug, upload fails when two files with the same name are uploaded in the same time.; thank for reporting it. The bug has been fixed in the version 3.0, which is going to be released.