I need help Foregn Key

D

Dan

Hi at all,

I want to link two table of mySQL (Foreign key)

first table named Country of Italy ----------------->Lombardia~Sicilia~Piemonte~other...

second table named Province of Italy--------------->Milano~Como~Sondrio~Brescia~Varese~Bergamo~other...

When my user call firts table "country of Italy" select single-----------> Lombardia I want that he looks the second table " Province of Italy" with options fields --------------------------->Select single Milano~Como~Sondrio~Brescia~Varese~Bergamo~

Dadabik has great... also for Nuke
Thank In advance

P

PLMresearch

You'll have to hack Dadabik to do this. It has foreign keys, but only for a single table.

Typically, people use client scripting (e.g. JavaScript) for the kind of functionality you're looking for...this was the your "Province of Italy" selection will adjust immediate to your "country of Italy" selection without going back to the server. I would suggest visiting hotscripts to snarf a JavaScript that could help you and then incorporating that into Dadabik.

Hope this helps.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)

D

Dan

So, What you wrote has a bit clear : in any case I'll go to Hotscript for to find a little script for to handle two table in relations between them.

But at the moment I' m not able to configure DADADABIK for to works with two table in relations between them.

Thank In advance