INSTALLATION FAILURE

S

Scot L. Jones

I followed the Readme.htm instructions for installation to the letter. Now when I try to run INSTALL.PHP I get an error message

Notice: Undefined variable: user in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php on line 32

I have provided all the necessary parameters in the config.php file i.e. host, user, pass, and db_name.

My password is null could that be the problem? Please help if you can. I am really psyched to try this program out.

Thanking you in advance
Scot L. Jones
sjones@nhla.org

S

sjones@nhla.org

I solved this one on my own with a simple re-install. In my continuing exploits with this wonderful piece of software, I was wondering if either the developer or anyone else has experimented with storing the information entered as a value. For example user selects the entry Ferrari from a menu but a value i.e. "1" is stored in the table to facilitate efficient database storage and reduce the size of the table. If anyone has tried this with any success let me know. This is a great piece of software but this would be a wonderful improvement.

Thanks
Scot

S

sjones@nhla.org

I solved this one on my own with a simple re-install. In my continuing exploits with this wonderful piece of software, I was wondering if either the developer or anyone else has experimented with storing the information entered as a value. For example user selects the entry Ferrari from a menu but a value i.e. "1" is stored in the table to facilitate efficient database storage and reduce the size of the table. If anyone has tried this with any success let me know. This is a great piece of software but this would be a wonderful improvement.

Thanks
Scot

S

sjones@nhla.org

Thanks
Scot

S

Scot

Thanks
Scot

E

Eugenio

gauz wrote:

> i have soame problem! with common.php & config.php

Do you still have the problem?

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)