record insert results in empty fields

L

Larry

Hi.

When I try to insert a new record in the database all fields coming from the insert form end up being empty (that is I enter useful stuff into the fields in the HTML form, but these values don't make it into the database). I've check the following:

* PHP's register_globals is set to "On" (double checked this with a test
PHP script)
* POST permission is turned on (also double checked with the test script)

I've turned on the SQL statement dump debug directive and I get entries like the following:

> Your SQL query (for debugging purpose): insert into `terms` (`id`,
> `term`, `definition`, `hasSynonym`, `synonym`, `definer`,
> `created`, `updated`) values ('', '', '', '', '', '', '', '')
>
> Insert result:Record correctly inserted.

I'm running on Redhat ES 2.1, PHP version 4.1.2, Dadabik version 2.2.1 with the "TWO" patches added. The response from Apache is:
Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.3 PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26

If you don't know for sure what's causing the problem, suggestions for some debugging methods would be appreciated as well.

thanks,

Larry

L

Larry

An update -- I've installed the stock Dadabik distribution and I get the same error.

B

Ben Thorp

I had the same problem with particular field types in MySQL (I think it was dates) - in the end I changed most of my fields to text types, and then indicated within DaDaBiK that they were dates, and it seemed to work then?

E

Eugenio

Ben Thorp wrote:

> I had the same problem with particular field types in MySQL
> (I think it was dates) - in the end I changed most of my fields
> to text types, and then indicated within DaDaBiK that they were
> dates, and it seemed to work then?

Hi Larry and Ben,
could you please post here the dumps of your db (including DaDaBIK tables) if you still have the problem?

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)