Upgrade to PHP 4.2.0

Z

Zap

Just upgraded php to 4.2.0 and I can no longer search or add items to my databases. I recieve the following error.

Error, no functions selected
Please go back to the homepage.

After turning on the DaDaBIK debug option no other error other than the error above was returned. I turned on debug in PHP and the following errors were returned.

Notice: Undefined index: type_mailing in c:\apache\htdocs\dadabik_1.8\pim\include\header.php on line 52
>
Notice: Undefined index: form_type in c:\apache\htdocs\dadabik_1.8\pim\form.php on line 52

Notice: Undefined index: where_field in c:\apache\htdocs\dadabik_1.8\pim\form.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined index: where_value in c:\apache\htdocs\dadabik_1.8\pim\form.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined index: delete_sure in c:\apache\htdocs\dadabik_1.8\pim\form.php on line 55

Notice: Undefined index: insert_duplication in c:\apache\htdocs\dadabik_1.8\pim\form.php on line 56

Notice: Undefined index: sql in c:\apache\htdocs\dadabik_1.8\pim\form.php on line 57

Notice: Undefined variable: function in c:\apache\htdocs\dadabik_1.8\pim\form.php on line 65
Error, no functions selected
Please go back to the homepage.

I have tried DaDaBIK 1.8 and 1.91 and both version return this error.

All of my other php apps are working correctly including phpmyadmin.

Any ideas ?

Zap

Z

Zap

I have resolved the problem with the upgrade to php 4.20. The solution was to change the "register_globals" setting in the php.ini from "register_globals = Off" to "register_globals = On".

However there is a warning about security issues with using "register_globals = On". I am not a php programer so I have no idea what the issues could be. My server is an internal server so it is not exposed to the internet.

Zap

E

Eugenio

Zap wrote:
>
> I have resolved the problem with the upgrade to php 4.20. The
> solution was to change the "register_globals" setting in the
> php.ini from "register_globals = Off" to "register_globals =
> On".
>
> However there is a warning about security issues with using
> "register_globals = On". I am not a php programer so I have
> no idea what the issues could be. My server is an internal
> server so it is not exposed to the internet.

The problem is fixed with the last version of DaDaBIK.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.0.1 beta)

M

Michael G.

For those of you who use PHP 4.2.x and PHPSecurePages:

if you set register_globals = Off, you will need to make some changes to the PHPSP package (at this time version 0.27b).

see
http://206.196.123.217/checklogin.phps
http://206.196.123.217/interface.phps
(search for register_globals to see changes)

M

Mark

Eugenio,

Can you clarify? Does the latest version of DadaBik need register_globals = On ?

E

Eugenio

Mark wrote:

> Eugenio,
>
> Can you clarify? Does the latest version of DadaBik need
> register_globals = On ?

No, DaDaBIK doesn't require register_globals = On.

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)

J

Jeff Messick

So how do you fix it the error? I'm I missing something I've looked threw the code and I can't figure it out ?

P

PLMresearch

Jim,

I bet (not 100% on this) you need to adjust your php.ini file. Error handling and logging, I believe. Sounds like your old ini file was overwritten when you upgraded.

open the php.ini file and set

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE ; Show all errors except for notices

If you're running Windoz (as I am) the php.ini is in your WINNT directory. If your running *nix, I don't know if what I'm suggesting hold water.

Good luck

E

Eugenio

Jeff Messick wrote:

> So how do you fix it the error? I'm I missing something
> I've looked threw the code and I can't figure it out ?

Which error?
Zap problem is fixed with the last version of DaDaBIK, even with error_reporting = E_ALL you dont' get any warning/error messages.

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)