Access rights

• Thread starter Santosh Killedar
  • Start date
S

Santosh Killedar

I am new to dadablk.
Does dadablk supports access rights? I would like only the the person who created the record can update/delete the record and admin can update delete anything.

G

Gary

Access rights aren't built into DaDaBIK so you would have to arrange something to take care of that on your own. Actually, I'm working on something like that now, as time permits. Basically I installed the DaDaBIK files several times in parallel, with each install targetting the same database table, but having its own unique internal table so it can be configured appropriately.

One install provides an "applicant" view, which allows inserts but no searches, updates or deletes. Another install is for "members" so they can search all records, but not change anything. Another install is for "self-updates" that allows no inserts or deletes but does allow editing. (But the intent here is to restrict the query to the logged-in user. This is what I'm now working on.) And finally there is an "admin" install that allows full access to all records and all DaDaBIK functions.

This is a rather high-overhead solution, but does work with the DaDaBIK files essentially intact. I've incorporated a user authentication script (phpSecureAdmin) that enables all pages to screen for user rights. This can be used to deny access to inappropriate DaDaBIK index and form pages. It also creates a variable that I'm hoping I can use to limit the query for self-updates.

This is all still in progress; I'll post again when it's completed in case anyone else wants to go down the same winding road.

-- Gary

M

Marie

Hi,
I tried to put two different installs of dadabik so that I would be able to give the link with all the abilities to the administrator of the database and the one that only searches to others BUT every time I use the admin to block one or give rights it does it for the other version in a different folder also.
I tried uninstalling dadabik and reinstalling it in one folder and retried it and it did the same thing. When I change one - it changes the other. Help please.
Thanks in advance.

E

Eugenio

Marie wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to put two different installs of dadabik so that I
> would be able to give the link with all the abilities to the
> administrator of the database and the one that only searches to
> others BUT every time I use the admin to block one or give
> rights it does it for the other version in a different folder
> also.
> I tried uninstalling dadabik and reinstalling it in one
> folder and retried it and it did the same thing. When I change
> one - it changes the other. Help please.

Probably you use the same DaDaBIK tables for the two installations, try using different tables, by using different $prefix_internal_table in config.php.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)