DaDaBIK
This forum is devoted to the discussion about the software DaDaBIK database front-end
the PHP Database application generator for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite; also available for Wordpress.

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small issue with $dadabik_main_file

Posted by Giuliano 
Giuliano
Small issue with $dadabik_main_file
October 03, 2004 10:24AM
$dadabik_main_file defines in theory the name of the main page, however it is hardcoded as index.php in the following files:

include/footer.php
include/footer_index.php
include/header_admin.php

Thanks for such good work
Debbie S
Re: Small issue with $dadabik_main_file
October 03, 2004 11:59AM
Giuliano

I'm not 100% sure of the reason, however, I suspect this has remained in the event that someone wants to use DaDaBIK like previous versions were set up. Older versions used a main index page with links to various activities based on permissions set up by the DB admin. All the functionality was handled by the file "form.php". If a user wishes to again enable this functionality, he/she only has to change the $dadabik_main_file in config.php, create their own index.php file and they are set.

In the footer files, the only instance of index.php is for the link that goes to the home page. If a user has a set up with a separate index page as described above, the home link should call the index.php file and not the $dadabik_main_file.

As a side note, with the newest version of DaDaBIK, I have removed the home link because it does the same thing as "show all" when a separate "title" type page is being used.

The only time that footer_index.php is called is if it is explicitly set in the user's own created index.php file when using the program with a title page. By default, when using DaDaBIK 3.1 "out of the box", that file is not used.

Hope this helps to clarify things.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)
Eugenio
Re: Small issue with $dadabik_main_file
October 31, 2004 07:37AM
Giuliano wrote:

> $dadabik_main_file defines in theory the name of the main
> page, however it is hardcoded as index.php in the following
> files:
>
> include/footer.php
> include/footer_index.php
> include/header_admin.php
>
> Thanks for such good work

Giuliano,
$dadabik_main_file is used if you want to embed DaDaBIK in a pre-existant application, and in this case you will probably have different header and footer, not the default ones.

The admin part, furthermore, is not involved with $dadabik_main_file, as you can read from the changelog.

I will anyway fix this issue, so thanks for having reported it.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 beta)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login