new to php/mysql - mysql_connect error

S

sarah

dadabik looked very promising, yet i've gotten an error with it which has become very familiar to me recently, as its occured in every web interface ive tried ;)

note, i'm very new to this mysql stuff, and php also :) i dont want an alternative web interface, i want a solution! :)

i'm testing this on my own computer, by pointing my iis thingy to my internal ip. i can get to the login page just fine :) however, when i do so, i get this error...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '******@***' (Using password: YES) in F:\My Documents\sarah\dadabik\program_files\include\db_functions.php on line 41

Error during database connection.

i get these mysql connect errors on every web interface i've tried.

i've installed mysql, and have made tables in the command line before, however im hoping to be able to let others easily add to this database without having to learn all that. i've also installed what i think is the latest version of php. how do i squash this error for good? :)

S

sarah

okay, solution not needed. i had to change to the root user, and give it a password through mysql.exe, then refer to it.

however, now i have an incredibly noobie-ish question about how to host my tables, and my database and this interface for use by others actually on the internet. i need to know what i require of my server, and basically i'm clueless about which files will need to be out there on the internet. will every user require a password and username, like my root username and password?

S

shumail

For the basic configuration of DaDabik you need these things:

IP address of the server
username
password
database

you can host your site on server which supports php/mysql hosting. Do look for cpanel as it let you create database and database user online and safe alot of work.

You can see the plans of this hosting company http://www.thedotsolution.com

by the way I am company representative :)